ADD US

NEED FINANCIAL FREEDOM? THEN JOIN HELPING HANDS INTERNATIONAL TODAY! WHATSAPP: 07038136434

Pages

Saturday, November 8, 2014

Muma Gee Opens Up On Why She’s Going Into Politics

The last may not have been heard of entertainers who are delving into politics. The latest name on the long list is singer cum actress, Gift Eke popularly known as Muma Gee.


Muma Gee who is married to Nollywood actor, Prince Eke and a mother of twins is contesting for the Federal House of Representatives seat for Abua/Odua and Ahoada Federal Constituency of Rivers State on the platform of the Peoples Democratic Party.

She was in Lagos, during the week, where she intimated the entertainment journalists concerning her intention to go into politics.

According to her, “It has always been a thing of pain in my mind when I see how some people are being marginalized.; when I see women suffering under-development.

It has always been a thing of pain in my mind when I see women and children suffer abject poverty. It’s extremely sad that we sit back at home and complain about the leadership of this country.

It’s my civic responsibility to ensure that I use the gift that God has given to me to liberate my people. I am conscious that there are many youths out there who believe in me and in my cause as an artiste, a personality and a role model to the young ones.”

Speaking further, the reggae-raga singer said, “Late King of pop music, Michael Jackon sang a song a “Better world for All.” And I think it’s that time in my life I will take up a civic responsibility that has been bestowed on me by my people. It’s that time to ensure that those people who believe in me as a role model should be given a chance to also decide on who should be our leader tomorrow.

On why she joined the PDP, Muma Gee stressed that she joined the ruling party because of what it stands for. “I believe that power belongs to the people. I do also believe that the people have to be empowered, and that power should by the people for the people. And the party stands for the masses. That’s why I choose the party as a platform to express my ultmost desire to serve my people.
In fact, to ensure that good leadership is put in place in my state, I had to relocate from Lagos back to my home land few years ago in preparation for this, and it’s now that the reason is properly unveiled. In pursuit of my foray into politics, I decided to get married four years ago and have children. Initially, I didn’t want to have children for a start, but now, I have twins.

Muma Gee, however, assured that while pursuing her political career, she would sustain her passion for music. “You would recall that when I first started my career in music, it was like a magic.


I started out as a reggae-raga artiste and suddenly, I created a genre that was rarely in existence. I suffered and faced challenges and today, that genre of music has come to stay which is African traditional style of music. Music is my life and I will continue to play my music, ” she assured.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop your comments