ADD US

NEED FINANCIAL FREEDOM? THEN JOIN HELPING HANDS INTERNATIONAL TODAY! WHATSAPP: 07038136434

Pages

Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Woman Wants A Divorce After 2yrs of Marriage

A businesswoman, Celestina Falaye, 33, pleaded with an Igando Customary Court in Lagos, yesterday, to dissolve her marriage, citing her husband’s heavy drinking and hemp smoking habit as reasons.


Celestina told the court that her husband drank a lot of liquor and smoked Indian hemp, after which he often misbehaved. She said: “My husband takes alcoholic drinks excessively and getsdrunk after which he falls inside gutter, misbehaving and disgracing me. Neighbours will be calling on me to come and carry my husband who has fallen into a gutter.”

Celestina said that after smoking Indian hemp, her man would always start acting strangely.“My husband is always mentally disturbed after taking hemp and he always descends on me, beating me,” she said.

The petitioner said she established a business for her husband, who was jobless but that the business collapsed after just two months. She said: “I opened a bookshop for my husband, but he mismanaged it. The capital and profit were spent on beer. He depends solely on me for feeding, paying the children school fees and paying house rent.”


The mother of two begged the court to dissolve the two-year-old marriage, saying the love she had for her husband was gone.

However, the respondent, Segun Falaye, 40, said he was used to drinking, but that he was not always drunk. He denied ever taking hemp.

He said: “I have never taken Indian hemp, but I take alcoholic drinks moderately.”

Falaye said he used to pay bills when he had a job, but now that he had no job, he could not steal to fend for his family.He said that his wife wanted to turn him into a house boy. “She controls and commands me as if she was talking to her baby, all because she pays our bills,” Falaye said.

He described his wife as an aggressive fellow. He said: “My wife is aggressive. She gets angry easily, slaps me anytime we have a misunderstanding and tells me that I have no say.”


He, however, begged the court not to grant his wife’s demand as he still loves her. The President of the court, Mr Ruphus Adeyeri, adjourned the case till January 21.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop your comments