ADD US

NEED FINANCIAL FREEDOM? THEN JOIN HELPING HANDS INTERNATIONAL TODAY! WHATSAPP: 07038136434

Pages

Sunday, November 16, 2014

Mother Beats Her 4-Yr-Old Son To Death For Stealing Meat

An angry mother in Ebonyi State, Mrs. Esther Mmahi Ukpa, (40 years old) who beat her four-year-old son to death, because he stole a piece of meat is now gnashing her teeth in custody at the head­quarters of the State Criminal Investigation Department of the Ebonyi State Police Command, Abakaliki, capital of the state.


The incident happened on Oc­tober 19, 2014 at Ubachi Okposi Okwu village in Ohaozara South Local Government Area, Ebonyi state.

It was learnt from the Ebonyi State Commissioner of Police, Mr Maigari Dikko, trouble started when the husband of the woman, Ogbonnaya Ukpa attended a party and came back with some meat.

At the headquarters of the SCID, Esther tearfully recounted  what happened on the fateful day:

 “It is just terrible that I killed my own son. My hus­band went to a party and brought back meat, which I kept in the cooler. The following day October 20, 2014 when I wanted to warm the soup and I checked for the meat in the cooler, I could only see the bone.

I called my son and questioned him three times. At the fourth time he confessed that he took the meat and had eaten it. I caned him until he almost fainted. It was a neigh­bour who rushed him to hospital. At the hospital I paid N5,000 and he was discharged from hospital. It was early in the morning that he died.

On his part, the father of the deceased boy recalled how a neighbour had alerted him to trouble in his house. He said that the morning after the day he gave the meat to his wife, he had gone out to visit his father-in-law. While there somebody rush over and told him to return home immediately.

“When I got home, I saw my wife crying and I told her to enter the room. When I got into the room, I saw my son Sampson lying dead in the room. I kept on wondering what my wife used to kill our son, because when I left the house they were both hale and hearty. After gathering my thoughts, I went to Okposi Police Station to report the death of my son. Upon receiving the report, Dikko said policemen at the station promptly arrested the woman.


Although Esther has appealed to the kinsmen of her husband to forgive her for what she did, the Ebonyi Police boss said she would still be charged to court after the conclusion of investigation.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop your comments